Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Mesquite




We finally got our chance to just get away. Of course it's not the extravagant trip to some place exotic. But it was a nice change of pace. Just a quick bike trip to Mesquite. It started out exciting. I was a little nervous. So nervous that when I got on I-215, the gloves I stuffed on the side of my bag was starting to fall out. So here I am with my throttle hand trying to stuff it back in. Did I forget to mention I was in 5th gear, on the left hand lane, with only bubble barriers between me and oncoming traffic? Needless to say the bike stalls out and I'm praying I don't get hit by oncoming traffic and get hit by someone behind me. God always looks out. Since people were kind enough to go around. I got a few head shakes, then I walked my bike over to the shoulder. Some guy was nice enough to turn around and ask me if I was ok. I was little shaken up, but not too bad. Still alive. Of course Jay finally realized I wasn't behind him and headed back to check on me. Bike was fine, just need to learn to downshift.

So the rest of the trip went on with out any problems. It was a great time. Beautiful weekend, of course this was in October. We enjoyed the trip through the gorge to St. George. Discovered that Utah doesn't have any helmet laws. So we actually got to ride around with the wind in our hair, under 35 mph of course. Too scary if we go any faster. Man, I love bike trips. Can't wait till it gets above 60 degrees again.

No comments: